Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2018 (Deadline: May 19, 2017)
The MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) offers full scholarships to Namibians who wish to pursue Undergraduate studies or Research level studies at Japanese universities.
Application (the application deadline is 19 May, 2017)
The applicants are advised to read through and carefully follow the appropriate Guideline 2018 in completing your application. The Guideline can be downloaded from the below.
A complete set of application must be delivered to “Cultural & Information Section of the Embassy of Japan in Namibia” (Address: 78 Sam Nujoma Drive, Klein Windhoek, P.O. Box 23025, Windhoek) by hand or reliable method by 19 May, 2017. Any application submitted via FAX or email will not be accepted.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted by the Embassy by the end of May.
Guideline & Application Forms
【For Research Students】
- Application Form
- Placement Preference Application Form
- Field of Study and Study Program
- Recommendation Sample Form
- Medical Certificate
【For Undergraduate Students】
* Please note that Japanese language proficiency will be assessed and considered during the selection process, especially for the applicants who apply for the study fields to major in “Social Sciences and Humanities A” (Law, Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Japanese language, others).
* The grantees are in principle expected to carry out respective undergraduate studies in Japanese after one year intensive preparatory education, including Japanese language.