Regarding denial of landing to prevent the spread of COVID-19
1. COVID-19 PCR test in Namibia
Basically, all foreign nationals are prohibitted to enter Japan now.
for people who are permitted for essencial reasons→LINK
In principle, foreigner whose nationality is other than the national or citizens of the countries & territories with visa exemption, visas will be required to enter Japan.
3. Criteria of Visa Issuance
In principle, Japanese visa will be issued to an applicant, when he/she fills all of the following requirements and the issuance is regarded as reasonable.
- (1) The applicant possesses a valid passport and is entitled for the re-entry to a country of which he/she is a national or citizen or a country of his/her residence.
- (2) All submitted documents shall be authentic, completed and satisfactory.
- (3) The activities to be engaged in while in Japan, or the civil status or the position of the applicant, and the period of stay shall meet the requirements for the status of residence and the period of stay stipulated in the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act. (Cabinet Order No.319 of 1951. hereinafter referred to as “the Act”)
- (4) The applicant shall not fall under any of the items of Article 5, Paragraph1 of the Act.
4. Type of visa
- (1) Temporary Visitor Visa
- For those who have temporary visits of up to 90 days for such purposes as sightseeing; visits to relatives, friends, or acquaintances; and short-term business affairs.
- (Notice) All of the above purposes of journey to Japan exclude engaging in any activity involving the management of business or remuneration.
(Notice) People of some countries (or from some regions) do not need a temporary visitor visa. Refer to the List of Countries and Regions that have Visa Exemption Arrangements with Japan.
- (2) Visa Application for Holders of Certificate of Eligibility
- Foreigners who would like to perform remunerative work in Japan or for long term stays over 90 days in Japan etc. which are for purposes other than that of temporary visitor, should apply for a “Certificate of Eligibility” in Japan at the Regional Immigration Bureau of Japan nearby before the visa application.
- (3) Medical Stay
- The visa is issued to foreign patients wishing to visit Japan for medical purposes (including full medical check-ups). The visa is issued to their accompanying person(s) as well if necessary and as needed.
5. Application procedure for a visa
- (1) Namibian Nationality Click here
- (2) Other than Namibian Nationality Click here
- Those who have Namibian permanent/temporary residence permit or working visa are eligible for visa applications.
Foreign tourist and Temporary visitors of Nationals of OECD countries(except Mexico, Chile and Latvia), GCC countries, Brunei, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau are also eligible for visa applications